Thursday, June 23, 2011

New Eli Cover!!

As promised, the new cover for the Eli Omnibus painted by the fantastic Sam Webber is here! Isn't it pretty?!


SO pretty! 

This will be the cover for the new 3 book omnibus edition of Spirit Thief, Spirit Rebellion, and Spirit Eater all wrapped together in one delicious package! The omnibus is scheduled to arrive February 2012. After that, the fourth book in the series, The Spirit War (All about Josef, plus lots of Eli!) comes out June of 2012. 

The Spirit War cover is being done by Sam Webber as well, and you can see in progress shots of the painting at Orbit's website. I'm REALLY excited about that cover. I shouldn't have favorites, but I think Spirit War is the best book I've ever written. There's all kinds of goodies, you guys are just going to love it. So yeah, very happy Rachel :D. 

I don't have an official date yet for Spirit's End, the fifth and final Eli book, but I'm editing it right now and will be turning it in to Orbit at the end of the month. I believe it's scheduled to come out very close to book 4, maybe July 2012? Anyway, soon, and we're on schedule, so you should have all the Eli you could want soon enough! In the meanwhile, drop over to Orbit's site and check out Lauren's visit to Sam's studio. If you ever wanted to see how a fantasy book cover is made, this is your chance. Fascinating stuff (and I'd say that even if it wasn't about my covers)! Enjoy!

- Rachel

ETA: The ever lovely Civilian Reader has nice things to say about the cover! Also, if you haven't read my interview there, totally go read it. It's probably the most intelligent I've ever sounded. If I die tomorrow, that's how I'd like to be remembered. Just carve the whole thing into the tombstone in 5 pt font and we're good to go!

7 comments:

sgl said...

What a great cover. Is it just me, though, or does your artist look a lot like Eli? :D

Rachel Aaron said...

haha, I was thinking the same thing!

Kate @ Candlemark said...

GASP.

If I wasn't already going to buy the omnibus, this would've sold me. I actually sort of loathe the covers of the current books - they just don't mesh with the content for me - but this? This?

*swoon*

Duncan Watson said...

I like this cover better than the original three. Great work and Eli's personality comes through clearly.

Elfy said...

I'm going to have to go against the flow here. Maybe I'm just a traditionalist, but I liked the original covers. Not a fan of the smirk on Eli's face here, just not how I picture him pulling off that particular expression. I'm sure it will sell well, though.

Anonymous said...

That just looks amazing. I love his little playful smirk. I can see the boyish charm that comes through in the books.
*Must have omnibus*

DapperJabber said...

How much does an amazing cover like that cost the average author?